Dec-10 Day announcement from Living Computers: Museum + Labs

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 07:59:46 CST 2017

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 4:45 AM, Pontus Pihlgren via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 06:19:10PM -0500, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>>> From: Ethan Dicks
>>
>>> I look forward to taking a stab at this.
>>
>> I suspect there are a number of people who'd be interested in MASSBUS storage
>> devices (e.g. me - suddenly all those RH11's I've got are no longer boat-
>> anchors :-). We should try and organize an group build, to share the load.
>> Anyone else interested?
>>

> I am and possibly the Update computer club and some of it's members.
> However, I have very little experience with making hardware. How would
> we aproach this?

There are plenty of companies in the "prototype production" business; they will make either blank printed circuit boards, or assembled boards, in small quantities.  For our purposes a group build probably counts as "small quantity".  One I can think of (and have used for blank PCBs) is PCB Pool.

Depending on the parts involved and the skill level of the consumers, it may be reasonable to get blank boards and a parts bag and have the user assemble it -- or it may be better to let professionals do the assembly.

	paul