Looking for AMP / TE coaxial connectors - Memorex 651 drive

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Dec 12 04:34:17 CST 2017

On 12/12/2017 2:22 AM, Mattis Lind via cctalk wrote:
>>   A quick Internet search returns this link:
>>
>> <http://www.buy-components.com/components/te-
>> connectivity-amp/201146-2.html>
>>
>> and they both claim to have this part in stock and sell it in arbitrary
>> quantities, although they do not seem to do retail sales.  You might try
>> contacting them regardless outlining what your problem is and they might
>> be willing to help.
>>
>>   NB I have nothing to do with them; it's just a generic attempt to help.
>>
>>    Maciej
>>

> Well. I am a bit sceptical against all those "components vendors" that
> popups when googling. Usually they actually don't have the component. If
> they had it why bother about inquiry? Why not just sell it? Anyway there
> are some evidence that buy-components is a scam:
>
> http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/buy-components/internet/buy-components-took-order-and-required-payment-before-shipment-and-now-will-not-respond-t-1400043
> https://www.trustpilot.com/review/buy-components.com
>
> There seem to be very few real surplus sellers out there. I have dealt with
> www.electronicsurplus.com and www.surplussales.com earlier without any
> problem. They are a companies that actually sell stuff.. Unfortunately they
> don't have it.
I've dealt with friends who have been selling parts in the mode of what
you'd call "schlock" parts forever.  In their case no rebranding or any
of the foolishness going on now

What they do deal with is that when they get a request (such as when you
submit your request), they will send out the request if they don't stock
the parts to a network of associates.  They will respond if they have
it.  In my friends case, they've been in the business for 40 years, and
one of the brothers selling IC's and the like for nearly 50.

If you hit any one of them, you will likely hit all of them, since the
request you send in is shared.

I always send my business thru my friend, to be sure I don't have a
problem, but others probably have not had the connections like that.

For this part, by the way, you might try electromavin.  He's been buying
parts for at least 40 years I know of, and would probably know your
part, and if he doesn't have it would be an excellent source to hit the
network of connector parts vendors.

The site and contact for him is here

http://www.mavin.com/

A scary thing, he may be retiring, as are a lot of these, and the stocks
will likely not be saved from the final trip to the gold scrappers.
(who sold them a lot of the parts in the first place).

I know he is currently selling parts, as a friend is building up a lot
of HP test equipment test cable sets for a number of instruments he is
bringing up, and the sort of winchester looking connector you have
there, he has in stock.  Also the Canon d-sub body stuff.

Thanks
Jim