Picked up beige Mac G3

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 12 12:23:39 CST 2017

On 12/12/2017 09:34 AM, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:

> Although they make a very fast Classic MacOS box and a fairly slow OS
> X one, I found it very worthwhile to have OS X on there, even if just
> for downloading all the various tools and things you need to get
> Classic MacOS running nicely.
>
> http://lowendmac.com/1997/beige-power-mac-g3-1997/
>
> http://lowendmac.com/1998/beige-power-mac-g3-1998/

I've run 10.3 on mine; yes, it's very slow--and you're best advised to
allocate plenty of disk space if you opt for the complete set of CDs,
including the development tools.  While you could fit 9.x comfortably on
a 250 MB drive, that's not the case for OS X.

Also (please correct me if I'm wrong), you lose the integrated floppy
access.

--Chuck