Looking for AMP / TE coaxial connectors - Memorex 651 drive

Tom Gardner t.gardner at computer.org
Tue Dec 12 13:35:15 CST 2017

It  is from the AMP M series connector family used in the data cable for the IBM 2311/2314 and PCM equivalents including double density like the ISS 715 (RP03?).  So some of the parts strippers should have lots.

Using coax at the FDD data rate was overkill so unless you want to preserve the connector for historical purposes u should be able to push out and then remove the pins and connect the wires to whatever connector suits u - flat cable connector for the control signal cable and whatever works for the three coaxes  (coax to twisted pair should work).

Tom