EPROM baking

Mark G Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Wed Dec 13 08:08:34 CST 2017

Hi,

I am working on several projects requiring 2708 and 2716 EPROMs, and
am finding some of my chips will not erase, and some will not take
a program. I've also learned more in the past week than I wanted
to know about repairing Data-I/O 29a/b programmers.

I vaguely remember in the 1990s baking such EPROMs in the oven, but
I do not remember temperature or time. I was surprised that Google
didn't turn up anything useful with this info.

I'm sure someone here will have some notes on EPROM baking.

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com), KC3DRE