IBM 3480 DEC TKZ60 inquiry

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 17 22:04:25 CST 2017

Hi Folks,

We've got a Canadian customer with what appears to be an IBM 3480
cartridge that he'd like to get the data from.   We don't get nearly
enough request for these IBM carts to make owning a unit a viable
proposition.

I understand that the 3480 format was supported by a wide range of
vendors, including DEC with the TKZ60/TKZ61.

Anyone having one of these drive want to make some easy money?

FWIW, the customer thinks that it's a lot older than it really is--he
thinks this dates to the 1970s and the S/360, so some gentle advice may
also be required.

If you're interested, drop me a private email and I'll hook you up.

Cheers,
Chuck