Restoring a VT50 (VT52 actually) .

Fritz Mueller fritzm at fritzm.org
Sat Dec 23 13:39:41 CST 2017

The most documentation I’ve seen re. the PROMs is pages A-1 and A-2 of the VT52 maintenance manual here:

http://www.pdp8.net/pdp8cgi/query_docs/tifftopdf.pl/pdp8docs/ek-vt52-mm-002.pdf

I think you’ve probably seen that already.  I’ll post more info from my VT52 later when I make it downstairs to my shop later.

I have noticed the flaky PROM sockets also; maybe I’ll just go ahead and replace them since I’ll have mine out on the bench anyway.

Mattis’ place probably smells like ham, pudding, and 70’s-era solder flux right now — sounds like a good holiday :-)

    —FritzM.