RL02 version of UNIX6?

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Feb 2 13:53:41 CST 2017

On 2/2/2017 11:40 AM, Tony Duell wrote:

>>> wake
>>> this

>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 2:36 PM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
>>
>>> DEC V7m comes to mind.
>>
>> Yes, but in 1974 that was not an option. I guess the 74-77 version of UNIX
> I am just wondering where on earth you'd find an RL02 in 1974.
>
> -tony
Western Dynex had 2.5mb removable over 2.5mb in 71.

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_westernDyntionManualRevPOct78_13256055

Last version at link above, model 6000 is essentially an RL02.  Came in
12, 18 and 24 sector (strapable).  I think it could be hooked up to DEC
as the interface was pretty much the same.

thanks
Jim