LMI Lambda?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Feb 10 13:26:43 CST 2017

On Fri, 10 Feb 2017, geneb wrote:
> Interesting read, thanks.

That case upheld the click-through/shrinkwrap adhesion contracts.

But, none of the ones listed were an "end-user".  Zeidenberg bought a
single-user (NOT the commercial user) version of a CD, and made a
website selling access to the data.

The data in question (phone numbers) was not copyrighted nor
copyrightable.  The case was about violation of EULA.  He had clicked the
"I Accept".

I assume that the shutdown of Slysoft (ANYDVD) was facilitated by DMCA.
I do not expect Hollywood to come after a user for copying a few DVDs to
computer drive.  They would, instead, go after the suppliers of the tools
for doing so, or those with very deep pockets, or unless they were
desperate to "make an example", to scare end-users with POSSSIBLE
consequences.

The cost of a lawsuit is substantial.  But, I would hate to rely on being
"potentially technically withing the law" nor "not worth the effort" as
sole defense.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com