LMI Lambda?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Feb 11 13:42:17 CST 2017

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017, Eric Smith wrote:
> I don't know, but I rather doubt it.  The MPAA and/or studios would have
> publicized a victory against Slysoft.

That would make sense.  At least as far as I understand it, and would seem
like that would be more important to them than keeping silent to avoid
greater public awareness of the existence of such work-arounds.

I don't have a good grasp of any of the details about how such things
work, nor even of who the players actually are.  And information seems to
be sparse.
http://www.myce.com/news/leaked-documents-shows-aacs-la-wants-to-shutdown-slysoft-75865/
seems to state that it was the doing of AACS-LA,
but how reliable are they?

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017, dave.g4ugm at gmail.com wrote:
> AnyDVD appears to be still available outside Germany...
> https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html

But SlySoft did shut down, claiming "legal pressure"
RedFox, who surfaced as the new distributor, is presumably mostly the same
people, resurfacing as a "new" company "to continue the fight".
'course some conspiracy theorists speculate that that was just to be able
to clear out the "lifetime" licenses.
Apparently the more recent versions will not work without an internet link
to the distributor's servers.