16MB memory module for a PC110

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Sat Feb 11 14:48:53 CST 2017

On 2/11/2017 12:06 PM, Paul Berger wrote:
> You might want to try just searching for 17800B that will get you data
> sheets for 2 MB RAM chips from other manufacturers, so I would suspect
> what you have there is a 16MB RAM module..
>
> Paul
>

> On 2017-02-11 1:53 PM, Santo Nucifora wrote:
>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> Follow this link for pics of my IBM PC110 memory module.  The memory
>> chips
>> are marked Hitachi 51W17800BTT7 but I can't seem to find a data sheet.
>> Unfortunately, it doesn't boot at the moment.  I'll charge it up and
>> see if
>> she'll boot.
>>
>> http://vintagecomputer.ca/ibm-pc-110-memory-module/
>>
>> It is a very cool unit.  Hope this helps,
It does, and it both helps and hinders.

The part number is a 2Mb x 8 FP DRAM, and 8 of them make up the 16MB of
DRAM.

That part is great news (mainly for you, but it's nice to have a pic)
The bad news is that I had hoped I could simply replace the ICs on my
unit with 4Mb x 16 FP DRAMs, assuming that's how they did the 16MB unit,
but it does not appear that way.

I guess I could replicate the PCB, and try to find 8 of those DRAMs....
At least I have the connector

Are you interested in selling the unit?  Do you want someone to test it?

Does anyone else know of a 4Mb x 16 variety that is FP DRAM?

Jim