PDP 11 Line Time Clock (LW11L) M787 and EIS board, (KE11E) M7238

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Feb 13 18:14:45 CST 2017

    > From: Josh Dersch

    > (while installing the MMU and Stack Limit Register in my own 11/40)

BTW, I think I found out why the MMU requires the SLR. The SLR is not
operative in User mode. I haven't checked out the circuitry to see exactly
what the interaction is, but it has to be something associated with that.

    > you *will* need an LTC to run V6 UNIX

Actually, it will work with a KW11-P, too; those are actually more commmon
than the KW11-L's, I've found. But as Guy pointed out, the DL11-W will do too
- and those are _very_ common (since they were used in the 11/34's, etc).

	Noel