New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:36:35 CST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM, Philipp Hachtmann <hachti at hachti.de> wrote:
> But I don't know yet how I will preprogram the CPLD.

What does it take to post-program the CPLD?  SMT package aside, if
it's possible to install some flying wires going off to a device
programmer, which programmers would be able to load the CPLD in the
first place?

> I am very sorry but it has really become illegal to use real 60/40 solder if
> you want to ship that stuff anywhere except the military.

Yeah... it's a real PITA.  I've had several devices fail due to
mechanical impact (dropping) and RoHS solder fracturing.

-ethan