New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Wed Feb 15 08:45:55 CST 2017

On 02/15/2017 03:40 PM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> I have not heard of  40 mil loop  here on ttys...   generally  20 mil or
> 60 mil.  - At  least  what   I have encountered. Is the 40 mil.  standard in
> Europe?

I have not heard about 60mA - at least not in the Telex network.
All mechanical 5 step teleprinters I have ever seen and owned run on
40mA. And my test equipment has a mark on the scale at 40mA.
I thought that this is international. But I also know that with respect
to teleprinters there are some CCITT norms that are internationally used
- except for the US.
It starts with ITA2 code which is the official international 5-bit telex
code. But US uses "US-TTY" which slightly differs.

Only the ASCII stuff (asr 33/35 etc) run on 20mA. But that's a totally
different thing.

--

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Philipp Hachtmann
Buchdruck, Bleisatz, Spezialitäten