Amateur Radio use of Teleprinters (was Re: New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:32:29 CST 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 3:30 AM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm told that Teletype models 15, 19, and 28 were very common here. I've
> mostly seen models 15 and 28. I've only once seen a mdoel 32 (ITA2
> five-level version of model 33).

I'm helping restore a Model 19 with a friend (he's a WW II re-enactor
and he does Signal Corps stuff).  That's the only 5-level stuff I've
touched.

I did see a Model 28 in Antarctica that had been there since the 60s...

http://antarcticdispatches.blogspot.com/2014/03/science-post-cosray.html

... and its bit bucket...

https://www.polartrec.com/files/resize/members/eric-thuma/images/bit_bucket_copy-500x667.jpg

-ethan