New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Fri Feb 17 10:55:18 CST 2017

On 02/17/2017 10:01 AM, Philipp Hachtmann wrote:

>> The CPLD you had on the last board, XC9572XL is a bit
>> long in the tooth,
>> perhaps?   Would you expect to use that one again, or a
>> newer chip?
> I will use it again. It was already old when I decided to
> use it. It has 5V tolerant inputs.

It seems that Xilinx has made some hints that they do NOT
plan to retire the XC95xxXL series any time soon.
If they do, the CoolRunner II family can be used with the
addition of one more voltage regulator.  The internal
architecture is more FPGA-like, but the Xilinx tools hide
all of that in almost all cases.  The 9500 architecture is
good for recognizing long address fields, but otherwise is
not all that efficient for general logic.

Jon