New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Fri Feb 17 16:47:39 CST 2017

Philipp,

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Philipp Hachtmann <hachti at hachti.de> wrote:
> On 02/17/2017 01:02 AM, Jay Jaeger wrote:

>> In short, ways that folks could take your basic board and make it
>> possible to do other things with it could increase the value of the
>> board enormously.

I tend to agree with Jay here. It would be great to have a way of
expanding the board. From your standpoint, the advantage might be
larger volumes. I was ready to order and then thought about what I
would do with it. I have a high speed serial interface (RX8E) and that
works for me. What I would like to have is a way to experiment with
some other peripherals that I will never have and see how to
virtualize them in an FPGA or CPLD.

> Probably. But I want to create/use/provide a simple tool that does exactly
> one thing perfectly.

Of course that is your prerogative. I respect that this is real and
not some paper design that gets discussed forever and comes to
nothing.

I also see all that board area with nothing on it and think why not
populate it with a layout for some other things.

What I am wishing for are Omnibus and Unibus adapters to an FPGA.

> Kind regards
>
> Philipp

Regards,

-chuck