New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sun Feb 19 16:28:52 CST 2017

> On Feb 19, 2017, at 5:22 PM, Mark J. Blair <nf6x at nf6x.net> wrote:
> ... and I only grudgingly use Fusion 360 because there's no viable 3D CAD/CAM competition that I know of in its very low price range.

A while ago I went looking for 3D CAD again, after giving up on TurboCAD in disgust.  Found FreeCAD (https://www.freecadweb.org).  Works on Mac, Windows, Linux.  It's a computational solid geometry program.  One of the interesting features is a Python API; the model I created (Rolf Nelson's spaceship) is 5000 lines of Python.  It also has a GUI, of course; I went the Python approach because it let me construct stuff numerically with ease.  It also let me customize the export machinery for POVray output.

	paul