LGP-30 Memory Drum Update

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Jan 3 15:15:46 CST 2017

On 01/03/2017 12:57 PM, Cory Heisterkamp wrote:

> Once I can make sense of the timing tracks, I think I'll proceed with
> this. Not sure how I feel about using a micro-based solution though.
> Just seems wrong : )   -C

If enough working heads can be found, the drum probably can be
remanufactured, as according to this:

http://miriam-english.org/files/drum-computers/drum-computers.html

the drum was nickel-chromium plated, not ferric oxide.   This is what I
would have suspected, as coating equipment and binders would probably be
a far cry from modern technology back then, where precision plating was
already an established art.

--Chuck