Cleaning RK05 packs (Was: LGP-30 Memory Drum Update)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jan 5 07:22:05 CST 2017

    > From: Klemens Krause

    > We clean our RK05 disks in a very robust way: with cheap burning spirit
    > and paper towels. ... We rubbed away thick black traces from occasional
    > head crashes and we never removed the oxide coating with this torture.

I am about to get a large batch of RK05 packs, so I am interested in the
details of this.

First, what is 'burning spirit'? (I assume this is a straight translation
into English of some German term, but not knowing German... :-) After poking
around with Google for a while (hampered no little by the fact that it's the
name of a band, and also a term in World of Warcraft :-), it seems like it
might be acetone?

	Noel