Stinky screwdrivers

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Mon Jan 9 17:04:07 CST 2017

Do a Google search on

cellulose acetate butyrate

the 'stink' is mostly acetic acid and as it has been stated, the key
is ACID, think what would happen if you poured a cup of white vinegar
inside you favorite classic.

Yea not a bad but the idea is the same.

I emailed the Apex Tool Group a year ago and their response was live
with the coating, which became a challenge. You can't clean them but
you can buff the handles and then polish. But there is no way to stop
the chemical reaction.

Saying that, does not explain why I have some "Parks Metal Ware"
drivers that have not decayed.

-pete