Microscope for Soldering and Inspection Work

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jan 14 10:19:19 CST 2017

On 01/14/2017 12:48 AM, Rob Jarratt wrote:
> Has anyone had experience of using an item like this for soldering
> and PCB inspection work?

I use a B&L stereo zoom microscope for inspection, but have never used
it for soldering.  That is, after soldering in, say, a TQFP, I'll use it
to examine for misregistration and solder bridges. But I can't imagine
soldering under it.

For that, where normal vision doesn't suffice, I use a head-mounted
binocular loupe.  Seems to work just fine.

--Chuck