Microscope for Soldering and Inspection Work

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Sat Jan 14 15:29:15 CST 2017

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> Looks to be 38mm indeed.  Rather than burn $40 on a protective filter,
> I'll probably just buy one of the Chinese coated "peel and stick"
> filters for $2.  Shouldn't hurt until the real thing wanders my way for
> cheap...

Photographic filters most often have a 0.75mm thread pitch, in MANY
diameters.
38mm is not very common, but "step-up" adapters from 38mm to 52mm, or 38mm
to Series VI are available.

With a step-up adapter, would a polarizing filter be useful?

some other common photographic threads include:
0.8" x 36tpi whitworth    RMS microscope lenses
25mm x 0.5mm   Schneider some enlarger lenses and Compur 00
39mm x 26tpi Whitworth   Real Leica
39mm x 1.0mm   Fed, Japanese imitation Leica stuff, most enlarger lenses
39mm x 24tpi   some early Canon
42mm x 1.0mm   Pentax
42mm x 0.75mm  T-Mount
1/4-20 UNC     Tripod
3/8-16 UNC     older/larger tripod  (not counting the Royal Photography
Society recommended 3/16-24 BSW, 1/4-20 BSW, and 3/8-16 BSW  (UNC is 60
degree threads, BSW is 55 degree)