What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own? [Tek 4132]

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Jan 16 20:15:34 CST 2017

 From: allison <ajp166 at verizon.net>

> The 32016 was not clocked very fast nor did it have any pipelines to
> speak of.

I recall the National dog-and-pony show guys showing up and having a
good long talk with them.  The 320xx sounded like a very advanced chip
when compared with the usual 8086 or Z8000 stuff.

I recall that the design work for National was being done by an outside
outfit--that it wasn't a home-grown product.

At any rate, the discussion came down to "When can we get sample silicon?"

There was the rub.  "Real Soon Now".  I think we were quoted something
like 18 months for early steppings.   Didn't happen, not in 18 months,
nor in 24.  By the time silicon was being offered, we had long moved on.

I do have a 32CG06 in my collection.  It came from a Panasonic laser
printer.

--Chuck