Varian, GA was: Re: What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Bob Rosenbloom bobalan at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 12:00:24 CST 2017

On 1/17/2017 9:09 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I find it curious that what seems to be collected in the minicomputer
> area seems to be gear of major brands.
>
> Does anyone collect Varian minis?
> Or General Automation?
> Or any one of the many non-DEC, HP, etc. minis?  Heck, I don't read much
> about DG minis  on this list--and they were a major force.
>
> --Chuck

I have a Varian 620 L and 620I but have never tried to power them up.
Also have a GA SPC-16/80, SPC-12, and 18/30.

I would really love to play with the 18/30 but have very little
documentation on it. No hardware docs at all. It's
compatible with the IBM 1800 and 1130, both of which I have, so would
great to get running. Some photos of it
are on my web site. http://dvq.com/oldcomp/minis.htm

If anyone has documentation on the 18/30 please contact me (or get it to
bitsavers).

Bob

--
Vintage computers and electronics