LC8-P (M8365) PDP8 printer interface schematics

Charles Dickman chd at chdickman.com
Thu Jan 19 12:12:16 CST 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 12:27 PM, David Gesswein <djg at pdp8online.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 10:38:41PM +0100, Mattis Lind wrote:
>>
>> OK. I'll bring it home and will scan it sometime next week.
>>
>> /Mattis
>>
> Did you get time to scan it yet?

With the single page that Mattis did provide, I was able to connect a
Centronics interface printer to the M8365. I added the interconnect
cable wiring to my web pages (which are currently down). I expected to
need some glue logic between the two, but this board has a STB L
signal that is a fixed length pulse. The printer ACK L connects to
DEMAND to set the printer flag. The printer flag doesn't get set
before the first character, but the handler assumes the flag is set on
entry. It strobes the character and then waits for the flag to get set
by ACK L, so it just works.

Chuck