Bus and Tag Telex drive listed (Ebay alert)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Fri Jan 20 21:04:40 CST 2017

The same vendor which listed the CDC Keystone drives also has listed a
pair of Telex drives with Bus & Tag.  I don't recall who has the
incoming 4341, but this would be a great and for the mainframe, compact
half inch tape subsystem.  I would check, but I believe this would have
all you need for hooking it up from what the listing says for two drives.

Located in Sacramento, Ca, would need freighting & shipping, as auction
is marked local pickup only.

Hope someone saves them.  Probably way more compact and less fuss the
3420's.  I doubt anyone will find many 3411's which would be the next
most desirable, since it also has a builtin controller if you get the
370 version.  With the 3411, you have to watch out for IBM 36 or some
such which looked the same, but only had a single Bus cable to the
host.  But I digress.  the 18" x 18" x 18" block of steel you don't have
to deal with in the 3803 and probably 900# of just the controller makes
a lot of difference.

Thanks
Jim

Telex-8020-Model-266-Controller-with-Tape-Drive-One-additional-Tape-Drive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272516253336