Does anyone have docs for a Ventel brand MD212-plus modem?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:18:06 CST 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:05 AM, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sadly, I
> have misplaced the one DA15->4p4c phone cable I had.  No idea what
> sort of internal connections/passive components may have been on the
> DA15 plug but one presumes that the red and green wires from the
> modular jack went into 2 of the pins on the DA15.

Found the telco cable!  It's a simple one.  DA15M shell, 2 pins
fitted, no passives or jumpers.

POTS cable for Ven-Tel
DA15M shell
  3 green wire from 6P2C RJ11 cable
  4 red wire from 6P2C RJ11 cable
  all other pin positions empty

Updated pinout for modem connector
J2 - DA15F
  1 NC
  2 NC
  3 J3 pin 26 out to RJ11 'tip' (green wire)
  4 J3 pin 25 out to RJ11 'ring' (red wire)
  5 to F10 DIP SW ?
  6 Gnd
  7 J3 pin 20 ? (to be verified)
  8 J3 pin 18 ? (to be verified)