recursive emulation

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:13:03 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> Admittedly, this was before the 432 was released in any form, but I
> recall "Fast Eddie" our Intel sales guy quoting us about $1K for a
> chipset--this would have been about 1982.   That was expensive in
> anyone's book.

The 432 chips were sampling in early 1981, and in limited production in
mid-to-late 1981. (They were never in more than limited production.) They
weren't $1000 even then.  Your salesman was either including the cost of a
lot of other components he thought you'd need, or was off his meds, or
something.