General Electric EF-140

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:03:57 CST 2017

I hope this is considered apporopriate for this list, if not, I am sure y'all will
let me know.  :-)

And, yes, it is about a truly classic computer.

I am trying to restore my 1961 General Electric EF-140 Analog Computer.  The
insulation on all of the wires has basicly turned to stick goo.  I would really like
to rebuild it.  Does anyone have or know where I might find a wiring diagram
for this box?  I got it thru National Technical Schools when I was about 11 years
old and sadly, while it survived, my mother threw out all of the courses and
manuals that came with the correspondence course I took back then.

If someone has it but it's buried away, no problem.  I just loaned it for a
static display at the University where I used to work in the CS Department.
I expect they will want to keep it for at least the Semester.

On another note, it's good to be back  on the list after many years away.
I still have and use a number of systems that people here would consider
more in line with their notions of Classic Computers.  Some of you may
even remember me.  I was and still am big on PDP-11's and VAX.  But I
also have a number of old Micros as well (and some of the newer ones that
try to bring the old flavor back like the Maximite and The P112.)

bill