Model M case screws

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 14:17:31 CDT 2017

On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Adam Sampson via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Jules Richardson via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> writes:
>
>> Google suggests that they might be 7/32", but I'm not sure; that's
>> less of a common size (vs. 3/16" or 1/4", say) - I'm not even sure I
>> could find a driver like that around here.
>
> Yes, they're 7/32", but in a narrow hole that means some bits won't
> reach. Xcelite do a nut driver that fits nicely:
> https://stuff.offog.org/model-m-screwdriver.jpg
>
> I got mine in the UK a few years ago from Mouser, part numbers 578-997
> for the driver and 578-99-1 for the handle.

That's what I use as well, Xcellite System 99. I bought almost the complete
range over the years, it's the easiest way to get Bristol spline keys (needed
for the Friden Flexowriter, IBM5155 monitor, etc) in the UK.

Incidentally the System 99 torx bits on an X5 extension will fit the recessed
screws of a Mac Plus (etc).