tape baking

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jul 2 15:56:50 CDT 2017

On 07/02/2017 01:29 PM, Rob Jarratt wrote:

> That I don't know. I bought a small oven thermometer to check first,
> which I grant is not very accurate or fast, but it didn't seem to
> vary much. I also found some suggestions that fan ovens are a bit
> more consistent, but have no real proof of course.

Certainly you do need air circulation.  I use a low-speed fan to stir up
the air in my unit--it probably runs at a couple of hundred RPM, tops.
The whole mess is protected by two (in series) thermal fuses that give
up the ghost at 70C, mounted near the top of the box, where it's likely
the warmest.

I never thought of the type of oven used on the Great British Baking
Show was suitable for magnetic media. ;)   Great for cakes, though.

--Chuck