Line printer art: (was Re: tape baking)

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Fri Jul 7 12:26:28 CDT 2017

On 7/7/17 9:35 AM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:

> I've voiced my opinion before of being a bit surprised that neither AWS
> nor TAP makes any provision for metadata.   The tape data bits don't
> tell the whole story.

I stopped beating that horse years ago. They also assume that all of the data
blocks read correctly, they don't save the error correction data if the block
had it, etc etc.

Need to update my reader anyway soon, so I'm going to append something similar to
what you did the new images I create, probably just a ascii text record and a label picture.