Line printer art: (was Re: tape baking)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Jul 7 15:34:24 CDT 2017

On 07/07/2017 12:46 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> It is literally "you can't save everything, where would you put it?"
>
> You can be completely buried by piles of unknown data on magnetic
> media.
And yet, I'll venture that it's a pretty safe bet that all of the data
recorded between 1955-1980 would occupy only a tiny part of what's being
lost on the web every week.

Brewster Kahle has an ambitious goal (and I'm grateful for the effort),
but I think it'll eventually come to bailing the Titanic with a teaspoon.

The NSA does a bit better, I'm sure.

--Chuck