Cipher F880 with S100 interface card on local CL

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Sun Jul 9 14:57:47 CDT 2017

On 7/9/2017 12:14 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> On 07/09/2017 10:43 AM, Glen Slick via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Maybe an Overland Data TX-8?
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/272743761884
>>
>> Doesn't look like a Computer Logics PCTD16
> No, it's not that--the PCTD16 uses ZIP memory--I don't see that.
> Perhaps an Overland TX-16.   I don't know if I'd want to hook a streamer
> like the F880 to a TX-8--too much "seesaw" action, I'd think.
>
> --Chuck
TC-PC, TX-8, and TC-I.  The latter is a PCI board.  This is probably a TX-8.

I have controller and cable sets available for all of them.  There are
linux drivers for some version of the kernel for the TX-I  The rest of
the software runs on windows, and is good to copy and image tapes.

Anyone who would like a loan or can use any of mine, speak up, and I'll
let you borrow or acquire them.

I've also got a stack of F-880's and an F-990 if any of that helps anyone.

I did at one time have a Pertec NRZI and a PE formatter which would run
the Pertec 37.5ips tapes, but I am not sure where they went. The former
would run 556 and 800bpi the latter 1600.  I will have to see if they
survived and share them if I find them.\

The ODI controllers can run off the P1-P2 formatted Pertec interface off
of them quite nicely.

thanks
Jim