IBM 5110 - Where does the character set live? And other questions.

Eric Smith spacewar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 16:28:02 CDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Robert via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

> I've recently picked up a 5110 (BASIC only), along with a 5114 floppy

> t powers on, completes its self test and gets to LOAD0, but several
> of the characters are only partially drawn on the screen. The lower

> 1. Can anybody tell me which card the character set is held on? None

of the manuals that I've looked at provide that info.

The Maintenance Information Manual (SY31-0550) has that information. The
most relevant pages are 3-3, 3.6, and 3-35 through 3-39.

The character generator is the "Display ROS" on the display adapter card,
which is installed in the main backplane (A1) socket G.