Thousandth data book uploaded to bitsavers

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Jul 14 14:36:44 CDT 2017

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> Many databooks I find are printed on the fragile "telephone book" type
>> paper, either transparent, beige or both.  Do you have any techniques
>> for getting good images out of those, and making sure they survive the
>> trip through the ADF?
>
> Always scan those monochrome.  (A lot of people insist on color scanning of black and white materials)

You mean grayscale, right -- not bitonal.  I sometimes scan on copier/scanner units because they happen to be available, but they are often bitonal and produce images with lots of black noise pixels.  With grayscale scans, you can avoid those by tweaking the threshold and/or adjusting the curves.

	paul