Through-hole desoldering (was Re: IBM 5110 - Where does the character set live? And other questions.)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Jul 13 19:26:45 CDT 2017

On 7/13/2017 4:50 PM, William Sudbrink via cctalk wrote:
>> That was my experience with Weller and Pace, they clogged way too
>> fast and you had to wait for the glass to cool to clean them.
There was a toolkit that Weller supplied with very high temp probes.
They cleared the head.  you only should have needed to deal with the
wool in the glass maybe once / day.

14-in-1-Welding-Torch-Nozzle-Tip-Cleaner-Cutting-Reamer-Kit-For-Welder-Soldering/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/322411677190

The seller is showing the same sort of kit we used with the DS-100.
However I don't know what it has to do with a torch.

Also I've not touched any lead free or small lead tools.  This is
strictly from many years ago, with 7400 large parts and minis.  I'd have
to study and take a lot of advise to touch anything now.
thanks
Jim