db9 requirements

Henry Bond henry.bnd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 09:20:12 CDT 2017

 Thanks for your information, I need to now track down SunOS boot files. I
have spent the the morning trying to pursuade Oracles website to show them
to me, damn them!

On 17/07/2017 at 1:37 am, Eric wrote:

On Jul 5, 2017 7:20 PM, "Henry Bond via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
wrote:

Good Evening all, hope your week is going well.

I received a sparcstation 10 today and wondered if anyone knew which db25
cable to get to connect to my DEC vt, null modem, cross over, etc, etc.

I'm also wondering about connecting a SS20 (which should be about the same)
with a PC. I foldout ordered a regular cable instead of a null modem one,
so I assume I'll need to get a null modem; but I'd be happy to be told
otherwise.

Also if anyone has experience with this machine I would be happy to take OS
recommendations.

I wanted to play with SunOS, not NetBSD, so if was suggested that I go with
version 4.1.4. I got the impression later versions don't run that well, and
if you care about SVR4 vs. BSD, the mostly pure BSD line ended at 4.1.4.