Honeywall mainframe CPU front panel ID?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jul 27 15:18:44 CDT 2017

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
> impressed me--the console had an analog meter in it calibrated in
> "thousands of operations per second".   I have never seen such a thing
> since.

Several generic clone PC cases had a 2 digit numeric display.
I moved the jumpers on one in the lab from "10" to "18".  Two instructors
commented about how much faster it was now running, than it had been!

(for anybody not familiar with generic clone hardware, it did not measure
ANYTHING, it simply had two values that it could display based on a
"speed" pin.  "HI" and "LO" were a popular alternative)