Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Sat Jun 3 12:21:58 CDT 2017

Hello everybody,

recently, there was an US epay auction with a CDC 849 disk pack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292129988099

This pack is for the early CDC 851/852 disk storage drives and thus not of interest for me, as the packs I am looking for my 854 drive have a different amount of sectors per track and these packs are numbered: 9851 or 851.

Here's a link to the drive that I'd like to restore some day:

http://www.digitalheritage.de/peripherals/cdc/854/854.htm

Same question regarding the 841 Multiple Disk Drive in the collection:
http://www.digitalheritage.de/peripherals/cdc/841/841.htm

The surfaces of the disk packs of type 9871 or 871 that came with it where corroded and are not usable anymore.

These packs and the drives seem rare and though I've been looking for these for some years now, I don't came across them :-(

Thus my question to anybody having disk packs of these types:
Would you spare a disk pack, even if in unknown working condition? I am located in Germany.
Thanks in advance for getting in contact with me!

All the best,
Pierre