Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Sat Jun 3 12:48:51 CDT 2017

On 6/3/17 10:21 AM, P Gebhardt via cctalk wrote:

> The surfaces of the disk packs of type 9871 or 871 that came with it where corroded and are not usable anymore.

Did you keep them?

The platters can be replaced with ones from the single-platter IBM 2315 (ie. RK05) and use similar head technology
which is pretty rugged.

The two drives you have are equivalent to IBM 2311 and 2314, which both use hydraulic actuators.

We were constrained at the time by what we could take from Dortmund. As it was it was a very expensive move.
I'm glad that so much of what we couldn't take was saved.