sticky copies and laser prints

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Jun 6 20:44:39 CDT 2017

On 06/06/2017 05:58 PM, David Griffith via cctalk wrote:

> Often when I comb through old documentation, I find that
> the years, heat, and pressure appear to have remelted the
> toner such that pages get stuck together.  Is there a
> danger of that happening with modern toners?

Yes.  If stored at high temperatures, like a garage in
summer, the toner will slowly melt and fuse the pages.
Also, the plasticizer in vinyl notebook binders diffuses
through the pages causing the same effect, at least a dozen
pages in.  If the pages are printed only on one side, it
isn't that bad, if printed both sides it makes a real mess
of the printed image.

Jon