Anybody has Control Data (CDC) disk packs for 841 and 844 disk drives to spare with?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 11:42:19 CDT 2017

> On Jun 8, 2017, at 8:23 AM, Philipp Hachtmann via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 06.06.2017 20:56, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
>> Agreed, and packs from the 2311, RP03, RK05 era are washable.  In fact, I remember a pack washing machine.
> Hm, hm.
> I successfully cleaned many RK05 packs from gooey foam and other residue, even after a crash. But... I usually use 100% isopropylic alcohol and some cleenex.
> And: The DEC manual says that one should be only carefully blow onto the platters; spitting onto them has to be avoided because the finish is not water proof...!
> Ok, after days being submerged... We will see.

Optimal is Kimwipe or some other lint free cleaning cloth.  Paper tissues are likely to shed dust.

For blowing, canned air or dry nitrogen or the like is best.  Breathing is not such a good idea.  Air from a compressor may be ok if the compressor is oil-less (airbrush type), but workshop piston compressors put oil in the air and you definitely don't need that.

	paul