RC11 manuals / schematics online?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Jun 10 10:31:39 CDT 2017

> On Jun 10, 2017, at 11:02 AM, Mattis Lind <mattislind at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the RS64 and the RC11 it would be possible to run DOS/BATCH 11. Could be interesting to test it on the real hardware.

DOS/BATCH?  That would be DOS 8 or later.  I don't know if that still supported the RC11.  I do know for a fact that DOS 4 supports the RC11, that's what our physics department machine ran initially.

RT11 doesn't support RC11 out of the box, but adding that isn't all that hard.  I wrote a driver for it in college, and another (independently developed) one was released at some point by someone from DEC and can be found online.  You have to add a boot driver also, of course.

RSTS supported RC11 for some time, certainly in V4 and probably a bit longer, but only as a disk for swapping and OS overlays, not to hold a file system.

	paul