dd-equivalent for VMS

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 09:32:52 CDT 2017

I used a TZ30 under Linux. I found that the TZ30 mechanism is significantly
less troublesome than the TK50 (IIRC the TK50Z is the same mechanism with a
SCSI interface board). Used an Adaptec AHA-1522 ISA SCSI controller.

FWIW, my TK50 cartridges seemed to be suffering from tape stickiness. 30
minutes to an hour sitting on top of the radiator helped significantly.

Thanks,
Jonathan