dd-equivalent for VMS

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 16 12:30:15 CDT 2017

I have had multiple interesting and useful answers. Thanks everyone.

I checked on VMS 7.3 and there is no COPY/IMAGE there. BACKUP/IMAGE had been my first thought, but it won't accept a tape as the source of the image data unfortunately.

I have a TZ30, so I will try that on Ultrix. I will also try a more recent Unix (Debian probably) on an Alpha and see if that can read from a later drive.

May last resort is to write my own VMS QIO-level program to read raw blocks myself.

Regards

Rob