Unknown boards

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 17 14:44:31 CDT 2017

On 2017-Jun-16, at 9:31 PM, dwight via cctalk wrote:
> The board in the bottom center is 6 buffers or inverters.
>
> The upper right is 4 flipflops. The upper right is some type
>
> of decoder( maybe an address or something ).
>
> The bottom right is a clock generator and the one on the
>
> lower left looks to be a massive gate, nor or nands depending on the logic used.
>
> Function is not the issue, what machine used it is the question.
>
> Dwight

The boards look similar in construction to those in a digital counter from 1961 I have, built by Transistor Specialties Inc.: fiberglass substrate, similar componentry, layout technique, and the Elco edge connectors (those were really nice connectors). Although, other than the edge connectors, a lot of that was similar in that era.
I don't have my website up to link to a pic.

At first glance I thought that was a crystal for a timebase too on the bottom right board, but it's actually a relay.

As Chuck suggests, it strikes me as more or equally likely being from digital test equipment, hard-wired logic controller or such, than being from a computer.
Those were the days of building dedicated logic controllers rather than using a computer, for many tasks.