RL02 Cables

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 03:06:58 CDT 2017

> I've seen two ways of doing this.  One was a clunky RL02 connecter that
> mounted on the BA and took the ribbon cable on the inside and the other
> was the round cable with the molex connector for the RLV11/12 on one end
> and the clunky bit on the other.  I'm sure I still have them around here
> somewhere but I haven't had an RL drive in ages.  I have terminators here
> somewhere, too.

I think I have seen this too, and was actually beginning to wonder if a
box with the clunky connector was the only "official" way of doing it. I
believe I read somewhere about bypassing the connector on the back of
the drive and going straight inside with a ribbon cable. Not sure how
this would be terminated though, or if it would have to be straight
through or not.

Thanks,

Aaron.