Full immersion emulation

dave.g4ugm at gmail.com dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 03:27:16 CST 2017

I am a bit surprised you go that many belt breakages. The one on the 360/67 at Newcastle was utterly reliable, as was the 2741 we had on our remote connection, and also the same unit in the 1130 console. The usual reason for belt breakages is contamination with oil which attacks the rubber so perhaps there was some over enthusiasm going on here. On the other hand I do remember that the CE who came into the IBM Manchester (UK) office to fix the IBM 1800 based PABX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_1750,_2750_and_3750_Switching_Systems

used to curse, as the 2741 console on that was usually switched off, so got gummed up, and required a clean and lube before he could start work on the PABX....

Dave